For me having the perfect base with any makeup looks is so important. I have a really uneven skin tone and redness so finding a foundation that will balance that out is key. I have 4 foundations that I switched between and used for ages and one new find that has already got into my top 5!
There’s one high end foundations and all the rest are high street so if you like the sound of any of these they are easy to grab and affordable.
1. My first pick is one I have used since I started wearing makeup 6 or so years ago. It’s is L’Oreal True Match foundation. This foundation is perfect for the more oily skin. It gives the skin a flawless finish and medium to full coverage. It doesn’t feel heavy on the skin but isn’t totally light weight. I tend to use this foundation more in the summer then the winter as my skin is more oily in the summer. It’s last all day if you set it with a powder and doesn’t go patchy after being on the skin for hours, so this is perfect if you going out all day and you don’t want to carry a tone of makeup out with you or if your going for a meal in the evening.
2. My second pick is also by L’Oreal and it is their infallible foundation. This foundation is amazing for all skin, if you have normal/dry skin you can wear infallible foundation and if you have oil/combination you can wear infallible Matt foundation. It’s medium coverage but could be build able. For me the formula feels the same as the true match foundation but infallible gives me a more dewy look to the skin. It lasts all day and it’s a great colour match.
3. My third pick is by Bourjois and it is the 123 Perfect foundation. This foundation has 3 colour correcting pigments in it to counteract the different colour pigments on the skin. Yellow pigments to conceal dark circles for a rested look, Mauve pigments to correct dullness for radiance and Green pigments to neutralise redness for an even complexion. When I saw it had a green pigment for redness I instantly wanted to try it out and I love it! It isn’t heavy on the skin and is medium coverage. It lasts all day with or without powder to set it.
4. My fourth pick is also by Bourjois and it is the healthy mix serum foundation. This foundation makes my skin look healthy and radiant. It feels really nice of the skin and I don’t need to use any concealer with it, which is perfect because I normally have to use a little concealer in the more problem areas on the skin. It is medium to full coverage and lasts all day. It has a nice light fruity sort of smell too it which adds something. This foundation is perfect if you have a dryness or redness to the skin, may be a little much for someone who has oily skin. It is the perfect colour match aswell.
5. My last pick is a higher end foundation. It is Studio Sculpt by Mac. I have only recently started using this foundation and I am already lovely it. Its feels really nice and silky on my skin and makes me look like I have a healthy glow. It gives a dewy effect to the skin which I like at the moment. It is a lot more expensive then all my other favourites but I have found myself going to Studio Sculpt more then the other 4. I do find I need to powder certain areas on the skin when I wear this otherwise it can go a little patchy but if I powder it doesn’t budge. It also has a SPF of 15 which will protect your skin.