Since I was a little girl the one thing I enjoyed doing at Easter time was baking with my Mum. There was always one thing I made more then anything else and that is Easter nest with the famous Cadbury mini eggs.
I decided to share my love of the Easter nest and share the recipe I use to create the tasty delicious treat. These are great to make with children or to get you into the Easter spirit.
Here is all you need to know to create them!
Preparation time – less then 30 minute
No cooking required
This recipe makes 12 nests.
This recipe is suitable for vegetarian.
- 225g plain chocolate or any chocolate of your choice.
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 50g butter
- 75g cornflakes. shredded wheat
- 36 cadburys mini eggs
- 12 paper cases
- Take the 12 paper cases and place them in a tin or on a plate.
- Melt the chocolate, golden syrup and butter in a bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water (do not let the base of the bowl touch the water), stir until melted and smooth.
- While the chocolate is melting, you can crumble up the cereal you have chosen to get them into smaller pieces if needed.
- Take the chocolate off the heat and stir in the cereal until all of it is covered in chocolate.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 paper cases and place 3 Cadbury mini eggs on top of each nest. Place in the fridge for approz 1 hour or until they are set.
- Enjoy and Share!